Total Recorder records streaming audio from Real Player or Windows Media Player, mic input, line-in input or other sound card source. Optional free and trial Add-on allows for the processing a sound stream or monitoring some sound characteristics.
Total Recorder is a multi-purpose audio recording software with wide editing and sound processing capabilities. The program records streaming audio directly from systems like RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, iTunes, Musicmatch Jukebox, WinAmp, and many others, including Internet telephony programs (Skype, Google Talk, etc.). These recordings are performed without the need for special lines for your sound board and without a loss of quality due to redundant conversions from digital to analog to digital. While recording Internet-telephony conversations, recording of both parties is possible. These features are provided by Total Recorder's virtual driver.
It can also record audio from cassette tapes, LPs, DVDs, CDs or through a microphone connected to your PC. If you are looking for a way of recording such audio for future personal listening, Total Recorder is AN IDEAL solution!
Total Recorder supports free and trial add-ons that can be used to improve the quality of your cassette or vinyl records and voice dictating tremendously, accomplish automatic gain control, apply an equalizer, and send your recordings to iTunes/iPod and others.
Version 7.1 Standard Edition contains new features including:
• Windows Vista 64-bit is fully supported with the introduction of the 64-bit version of Total Recorder's kernel mode driver.
• Support for tags is extended: Total Recorder can read ID3v2 tags for all versions (version 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4) and ability to add an artwork to the tag within the file is available now.
• Ability to play multichannel audio files in stereo, provided that an appropriate audio codec is installed.
• Statistics, including the total duration and the total size for selected files in a playlist, can be displayed.
• Other minor enhancements.