Auto-accompaniment maker creating ready chord progression to a tune. Easy and friendly interface. No musical learning is required. Simply load MIDI tune and you get real instrumental accompaniment, as if made by a musician playing chords by ear
e-Xpressor is auto-accompaniment maker creating ready chord progression to a tune. Easy and friendly interface. Accessible to all. No musical learning is required. Simply load MIDI melody and you get real instrumental accompaniment, as if made by a musician playing chords by ear.
e-Xpressor is designed for people who want to compose songs and play accompaniments by ear with a computer and sound card, as well as for all people who love music and wish to educate of ear to music.
The main features of e-Xpressor:
- No knowledge of notate, chord names, keys etc. are required.
- Parses structure of melody and automatically recognizes its key and harmony.
- Generates chords for each bar of the tune and writes its in separate MIDI channel.
- Creates also several chords which can be used as replacements in each bar of composition.
- Offers convenient accompaniment edit interface permitting to change the chord progression by ear.
- Offers accompaniment styles for guitar or piano depending on the musical characteristics of the tune.
- Auto-arranger mode.
- Supports MIDI and XPR files.
- Supports General MIDI Set.
Minimum melody requirements for auto-accompaniment making:
- the tune must be single-voiced.
- the tune should not be short: it is better, if it contains not less than 8 bars.
- the tune should not be too primitive (no on five notes).